 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3338
    Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —Matthew J. Chiles
   I just finished a new rail truck that I am rather proud of: (URL) It is a color modified version of the Rio Grande Southern Motor #1 which currently resides in Colorado's Ridgeway Railroad Museum. My model is based on the model of this by Bachmann, (...) (18 years ago, 27-Apr-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

        Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Matt, This is absolutely brilliant. It is an excellent design and it works. Beautiful work. Tim (18 years ago, 27-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —Matthew J. Chiles
     (...) Thanks, Tim! I consider that a very high compliment coming from you and your excellent body of work. I'm going to try and get this LCADed for any who want to make a copy. -Matt :) (18 years ago, 27-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —John Neal
     (...) Killer MOC, Matt! It is very faithful to the original, and very creative in execution. It reminds me of the over-my-head mechanical stuff that my son Ross builds:-) Well done, and thanks for sharing! JOHN (18 years ago, 27-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Wow. That is really nice! I love the angled doors/cab effect. Plus the fact that it functions. Stunning. I wonder how the back of the truck would look with tan 1x6 tiles with the wood grain pattern printed on them as opposed to the 1x6 plates? (...) (18 years ago, 27-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —John Neal
     (...) Great suggestion! Worth the $12 or so on BL that it would cost to find out:-) JOHN (18 years ago, 27-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —Tim David
     (...) Thats is really nice, curiously I was reading a magazine review of the Bachmann model a couple of days ago. I love the way you have managed to fit the 'workings' into the load space and keep the diminutive look of the cab and hood. Its one of (...) (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —Matthew J. Chiles
     (...) I haven't timed it but it does pretty good. Just about fast enough for something like this, probably equivilant to around a settling of 3 (of 8) on the 9V speed controller. Fast enough to move nicely and not be speeding - I would guess a scale (...) (18 years ago, 30-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck —Ben Fleskes
   (...) Very cool Matt. I was hoping people would create things like this when I designed the BBB wheels with the cross axle at the center. Now if somebody could just figure out how to make it remote control... Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (18 years ago, 1-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)