 Trains / 27349
Re: Horseshoe Bend Rail Road - Rail Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:58:16 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
   I just finished a new rail truck that I am rather proud of:

It is a color modified version of the Rio Grande Southern Motor #1 which currently resides in Colorado’s Ridgeway Railroad Museum. My model is based on the model of this by Bachmann, and is customized to my own Horseshoe Bend Rail Road.

It is motorized with a regular geared 9V motor, powered by a 9V battery box in the back of the truck. The drive wheels are Big Ben Brick small wheels.

-Matt :)

Thats is really nice, curiously I was reading a magazine review of the Bachmann model a couple of days ago. I love the way you have managed to fit the ‘workings’ into the load space and keep the diminutive look of the cab and hood. Its one of those MOCs thats just ‘right’ As a matter of interest how fast does it go?

Tim