 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3305
  Truck Cab

I wanted to try to use the new fender elements that come with many of the little racers sets on a truck cab. I was also feeling that my trucks with 4 wide cabs were looking a little wimpy. I wanted to beef them up a little. This is what I was able (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town)

  Re: Truck Cab

(...) I like it, except the windshield seems too blocky. I'm not sure what to do about that using existing technology[1]. In my experience, the windshields on semi tractors are usually quite small and come in two pieces (left and right hand sides). (...) (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Truck Cab

(...) Hi Jonathan, I only just saw this today so it's a late response. I like the use of the fender parts and the overall design is quite sound but as Thomas said the windscreen looks a little blocky. My suggestion would be to go for a four-wide (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Truck Cab

(...) I like it, especially in situ:-) I'd say that the windshield looks too tall, and the nose isn't tall enough. Maybe raising the hood a full brick, which would have the effect of decreasing the windshield height as well. Actually, were it me, I (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Truck Cab

(...) Hi Tim, John and Thomas, Thanks for all the replies and thoughts. Yeah, blocky indeed. I am wishing there were a better 5 wide window option myself. I have considered cutting the 4 wide windscreens and making them into 5 wide. I have so many 4 (...) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.town)