 Town / 8879
Re: Truck Cab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 05:27:00 GMT

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Jonathan Lopes wrote:

This is what I was able to come up with:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=176677>

I am pretty happy with it.  I don't think it is fantastic, by any means, but I
think it looks OK.

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Suggestions?

I like it, except the windshield seems too blocky.  I'm not sure what to
do about that using existing technology[1].  In my experience, the
windshields on semi tractors are usually quite small and come in two
pieces (left and right hand sides).  Could the whole windshield area be
built studs sideways, with opaque plates/tiles taking up some of that
clear space?  Additionally, the windshield halves tend to either be mostly
flat with a pronounced wraparound just at street side (requiring curved
clear elements?) or flat but angled like a wedge.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/

[1] Yet again, I am reminded that a five-wide windshield is the part I
would most like TLG to make. . .