 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2889
  BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

This is a fairly massive airport that I built: (URL) For more pictures, try the following link: (URL) Feedback is appreciated. Note: For those that are interested, I used to be fairly active in Lugnet, but with the birth of my second son, I've had (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

Oops - The correct link to more pictures is: (URL) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

Congrats on your kid! I, at least, had wondered what happened to BrickTopia. You're buildings are always a treat to see and this is no exception. It's so curvy-cool. My favorite parts are the crane arch overlays on the top skylights, and the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

Wow, Brad Hamilton is alive! This airport looks to be one of your most ambitious projects to date, very impressive. I am particularly impressed by the design of your controller tower. Would love to see it live! Scott (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

Its good to see you back, I was wondering whether I had missed some Bricktopia stuff only last week! Its nice to know its a good reason that has kept you busy. Definatly another one in your classic style, I'll have to spend some time checking out (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

Hello Brad! I was waiting for your next project. I have always been a huge fan of your works. Bricktopia is a source of inspiration for me when i build. I have to say that I don't think your airport is as good as your previous works. To me, it seems (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.town)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

Awesome! I LOVE this MOC. I love how so many large pieces are used to great effect such as the dark gray exploriens cockpits. One question I have: the large clear smoke tinted dome at the tip of the tower. Is that an actual part, or was a TIE (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

(...) Thanks for the feedback - I agree that this building isn't quite as focused as my previous work. In this case I was challenged by the size of the building (and thus the time and effort to build it) as well as the lack of time due to my kids. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.town)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

(...) Thanks for the compliments. The tip of the tower is a TIE Interceptor brasso'd with four 4x4x6 smoke-clear curved panels supporting it. Brad (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

(...) Thanks I agonized for quite a while about the control tower. I was going to use a bunch of 1x6x9 "paradisa" clear-curved panels (actually from Breezeway Cafe) turned on their side, but I just couldn't come up with a design that I was happy (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Airport (MOC)

(...) Thanks - It has taken me years to get that many of the trans-blue 1x6x9 curved "paradisa" windows. As far as I know, these only came in one set (an airport set from a while back). I don't even have one copy of this set, but I used 32 of these (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.town, FTX)