 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2320
MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 02:25:33 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Enjoy!

ROSCO

Message has 5 Replies:
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Ross, that is one extremely fine looking engine. Nice done!!! The overall shape is pleasing and true to form. I am especially fond of the curve "walls" on the tender. I think that the tan and black is a great combo and it's nice to see you add (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Oh my, that is one fine looking locomotive & tender. Great job! I'd love to see and hear it run - with all those gears it must make a great sound. Now, to build a couple flat cars hauling logs behind it, right? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Great looking shay, very close the the real #2. Boy that guy is huge, (10 wide) definitly not minifig scale. Does the pistons run also. You show the detail in the tender, but i did not see any detail in the engine. How did you deal with the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

I showed this to a friend of mine who has actually operated the Shay #2 at Cass, and he was truly amazed. Outstanding work! Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) There is now an MPD and POVray render at the bottom of (URL) the page>. You will need LDraw files for (URL) Big Ben Bricks wheels>, which can be found (URL) here>, and possibly also some unofficial LDraw part files from the parts tracker. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)