 Trains / 23597
Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 04:41:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:

Enjoy!

Oh my, that is one fine looking locomotive & tender. Great job! I’d love to see and hear it run - with all those gears it must make a great sound.

Yep it does make a nice sound, with the 2 motors whirring. I’ve actually just yesterday re-built it using the un-geared motors, to see if I could get it running close to the same speed as a train motor, and the reduction in volume is amazing! But the un-geared motors don’t have enough ooomph when geared down to run it, so I’ll probably switch them back.

   Now, to build a couple flat cars hauling logs behind it, right? <grin>

Already on the drawing board ;) I figured it needs a motorised car of some kind anyway, and a log car was the obvious choice.

ROSCO