 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2271
  Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

They're not moderated yet, but they should be soon! I've got two folders, one of (URL) 'under construction'> photos, and the second of (URL) completed model.> The specs: From the base to the top of the tower is just over 7 feet tall. We have no idea (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.org, FTX) !!

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

VERY pretty. Of the many features of this building to like, I think I like the inlays under and over various windows the best. That multicolored tilework brings the model to life. Thanks for sharing. Spotlighted!!! So can we get the LDraw files? :-) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) John and the rest of the gmltc, Great Job!!! That is a truly amazing structure worthy of Miniland itself. It is pretty rare to see something of that scale and detail on Lugnet. I love the use of the Doby and Ewok mini-figures for gargoyles... (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) Thanks, Larry! The real building has oodles and oodles of tile work and stone carving - while we were building it we joked that Dr. Henry Plummer (the architect) must have brought in every stone carver in a 500 mile radius! You can see some of (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) Thanks for the compliments, Bill. Very kind considering you're a former model builder! We went for "Miniland detail in minifig scale", I think it worked out well. The Doby torsos were the only modified pieces on the model, I used some (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) Very nice! Well done, all. Excellent design. Few questions: The internal support structure: Bearing in mind that I have never built anything of this size: I would have never thought to include this. Was it needed? Why? To support the various (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) As we were building it, we would tell people the internal structure is to prevent the walls from going ( ) , as well as keeping all the floors straight and level. Since this model will probably be moved around between different Mayo Clinic (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) Really sharp all the way around.Really enjoy the top sphere.The level of detail is great not only floor level(or face of building) but roof edges as well(something I need to work on in my buildings).Great job guys!! Chris MichLTC (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) I designed it specifically to support the upper walls - each of the various ever-smaller stories above the main part of the building has columns supporting the walls all the way down to the ground. We used rubber mallets to pound on the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) Thanks very much for the all info and the reply, JohnG (and Steve). Again, congrats on a great accomplishment! Tan 1x2 corragated (grill) bricks....mmmmm. Lucky you! (GMLTC) Best, Jonathan (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

(...) The corrugated bricks were from Bricklink. Go get some! <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model

I was checking these pics out last night. This is a great build and a huge success. Great job. BTW, I think the images of the build in progress are great. Thank you. e (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.build)