 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2271
2270  |  2272
Subject:
Pictures of the completed GMLTC Plummer Building model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:12:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

They’re not moderated yet, but they should be soon!

I’ve got two folders, one of ‘under construction’ photos, and the second of the completed model.

The specs: From the base to the top of the tower is just over 7 feet tall. We have no idea how much it weighs, I’m just really glad I don’t have to move it! We estimate the piece count between 55,000 and 60,000, mostly tan bricks.

The GMLTC wants to extend a special Thank You to Jake McKee and The LEGO® Company for their support with this project. We simply could not have done it without their help! We also want to thank Susan Waughtal and the Rochester Neighborhood Resource Center for taking such good care of us while we were down there.

The completed model is currently on display in the atrium of the Siebens Building in Rochester, the Mayo Clinic plans on putting it on permanent display.

We had so much fun on this project, even though it ended up being about 10 times more difficult and complicated than we originally guessed. We’re very happy with the way the model turned out, and we hope people enjoy it.

GMLTC club members involved with the construction: Conan Collopy, Steve Demlow, Abner Finley, John Gerlach, John Kelly, Judy Payne, Stein Settergren and Bill Toenjes.

And if you can’t wait until the folders are moderated, here’s one teaser picture showing some of the roof details.

We hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask...

JohnG, GMLTC

fut .build, unless people have non-building questions. :-)