 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2028
2027  |  2029
Subject:
Back to the Future MINI Fig Scale Delorean
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 16:26:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello Everyone!!

This is my first post to Lugnet, and although I've read all your posts for
years, I've only recently become a member.

I sat down the past few days and decided I HAD to build a MINI fig scale model
of the Back to the Future Delorean.
I've  been building different versions of this car ever since the first movie.
The original MOC I did of this car was my favorite model for years.  However
being younger and not having enough parts didn't enable me to keep it around
forever.

I had always wanted to make it more to scale, as previous models held figs, but
were too huge to interect well with other LEGO sets.

This time I did it right.  It is a about 10 studs wide and about 18 long.
It's still a little big.  But I deemed it necessary in order to get the details
in it.  The interior has everything, from custom seats to the time circuits and
flux cap.

After finishing the car from the first movie, I made a few mod pieces that I can
add quickly to give it the look from the second and third movies.

I think were this model stands out are it's gullwing doors and how perfect they
function and the use of LEGO string to mimic the wiring on the real car vs.
using hoses that tend to be a bit big at this size.

All in all I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think!!

See them all at....

Thanks!!
Joel