 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 200
199  |  201
Subject:
New MOC - halftimbered switch tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:04:35 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear all!

After only 4 hours of creative working time another MOC has been finished. This
has been the first group work MOC (or maybe better OOC = Our Own Creation)
since over 20 years for me.

Klaus Dobisch, Andrew Stringer (from Birmingham) and me have had a small
meeting at my home yesterday in the evening. We started with just some
Lego®-talk and having a look at some of my models.

Then we decided to do some moccery - but found no fitting British rolling stock
to build.

Since Andy works for a company that produces train signals we decided to do a
switch tower instead. We did it after a picture of a H0 gauge model, which
fitted perfectly to the steam engine era and our local building style in
Braunschweig.

You can find the finished model (picture shooting from 1:00 am to 2:30 this
night) on my homepage:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/building/building.html

And a bigger amount of pictures again in a 1000steine.de gallery (sorry, but
the explaining text is only available in German there):
http://www.1000steine.de/gallery3/g209/index.pl?search=1&header=id&method=exact

Kind Regards,

Ben

Thanks
- @René from 1000steine.de for uploading this gallery that fast (less than 1
hour!)
- @Klaus and Andy for their visit. It was very inspiring to do a shared work as
a group!
- @Lugnet.trains - The contact between Andy and me started after his posting:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=15944
Andy got his 7740 instruction yesterday in the evening at last.