 Trains / 16202
Re: New MOC - halftimbered switch tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:02:21 GMT

"Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> writes:
Dear all!

After only 4 hours of creative working time another MOC has been
finished. This has been the first group work MOC (or maybe better
OOC = Our Own Creation) since over 20 years for me.

Klaus Dobisch, Andrew Stringer (from Birmingham) and me have had a
small meeting at my home yesterday in the evening. We started with
just some Lego®-talk and having a look at some of my models.

Then we decided to do some moccery - but found no fitting British
rolling stock to build.

Since Andy works for a company that produces train signals we
decided to do a switch tower instead. We did it after a picture of a
H0 gauge model, which fitted perfectly to the steam engine era and
our local building style in Braunschweig.

You can find the finished model (picture shooting from 1:00 am to
2:30 this night) on my homepage:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/building/building.html

And a bigger amount of pictures again in a 1000steine.de gallery
(sorry, but the explaining text is only available in German there):
http://www.1000steine.de/gallery3/g209/index.pl?search=1&header=id&method=exact

Very nice little building there!  Good work, guys!  I love the
detailwork, especially the rain gutters.

--Bill.