 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1849
1848  |  1850
Subject:
Hammer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:17:10 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As seen at PDX, the Hammer (click on pic to go to gallery)

As the story goes two of my harder working minifigs, Jeb and Bob, were watching a light show one night. 3vil vs GA in low orbit. Now this is a somewhat dangerous activity as wreakage is sometimes known to fall out of the sky. This night was no exception. Jeb took notice at something that had fallen not too far away,

“Say Bob. Isn’t that an orbital defence platorm?”

“I guess it was, why do you ask?”

“Because I think the main guns are intact.”

“Yeah, so. What would we do with them.”

(momentary pause as Jeb switches heads to a face with a evil grin)

“Oh, no. You’re nuts Jeb. The mech to fit those guns would have to be huge.”

“MMMWHHAHAHAHHahahahaha.....” said Jeb as he ran off to the platform wreckage.

And so after a few nights work, I had the Hammer. Quite arguably the most excessive mech to date. (build time was about a week, two/three hours a night)

The legs are positionable so height is variable, lets say a low height of 10” (full sqat) and a Max height of 18”. Technic turntables make that happen, Hammer has six, three in each leg. What’s new is that the hips have three axis rotatioin at the hip joint. Very posable. Ankles are un-geared but have rubber tires in the feet to hold them in place, thus the foot sits at the appropriate angle and doesn’t slip.

Another point I really wanted for Hammer, a Hexoginal shaped cockpit window. Turned out great. Here’s the snot, or schliem, involved to get everyting to line up just so. Post Mod Link

Lots of details abound and another new for me, the black things on the upper legs are missle pods that stow in the legs and deployed when preped to fire. An engine, of course.

Now that I have a big guy again, I feel good.

Here’s a couple deep links, if needed.

link

link

Later