 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 156
  The Wizards Workshop

The Wizard's Workshop Deep in the heart of an ancient forest stands a mighty oak. Rising out of the cleft in an enormous boulder, the tree is the entrance to a cave hewn out of the aged granite. The Wizard's workshop is a fully furnished, minifig (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman writes: [ snip ] Hey! That's pretty good for a fantasy setting! I'm guessing a lot of Harry Potter and Forestmen parts went into it, right? Lemme guess, Diagon Alley sets and the like? Just my two brickz... <<_Matt (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Great creation! I think my favorite little detail is the variety of little potion bottles on the counters. Hey, shouldn't you be busy on LotR models? :) Bruce (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Matt, Thanks a bunch. I really don't have many Harry Potter sets, I got most of the pieces from bricklink, but I am a fiend for Forestmen and dark forest sets! I always appreciate two bricks worth! Jon (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Bruce, Thanks for the compliments, I've found that I like the detailing of structures a little more than the actual construction, so the little bottles and the like were the most fun. I am working on Tolkien again. The workshop was built almost (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) I for one love it! Some of your detail work has come out very nice indeed. I especially like the jewels-in-bottles, the cabinetry and especially the clear 1 x 1 with clear gem cap - it makes a perfect small bottle! (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

I like this a lot! Your detailed interior (especially that bookshelf) are very inspirig for my own creations. The tree is freat too. And I really need to get myself one of those green doors too! cheers Magnus (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

"Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GtpExD.Lqt@lugnet.com... (...) You've got some fantastic detail in there Jon. I love the clutter and the bottles everywhere. It gives it a great feel of a working environment. I also (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Great MOC. :-) I like the idea of the tree/rock design. The interior has a really nice lived-in look, and a nice balance of clutter and organization. You've done some clever things with the furniture such as the use of angled plates in the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Jon, I love it, it's such a great, cluttered, magical workshop. Where did you get all the brown hinge pieces? Thanks, George (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Thanks, I spent a lot of time working on bottles for my wild west saloon. Actually most of my stuff is borrowed or stolen from a Wild West design in some way! Thanks for the nice compliments! Jon (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Magnus, Thank you for your compliments. I've often drawn inspiration from your (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

THank you James, It took some time to get the engineering of those doors just right! I always imagined a Wizard to be a little more on the cluttered side so I just kind of "Strewed" everything about! Thank you for the compliments. Jon (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Leah, I agree It would be a better move to use plates instead of bricks on the rock. I did that with "bag end", but this model was constructed a while ago (actually, it no longer exists) and I waited for a break between tolkien projects to post it! (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

George, I got most of my Brown hinge pieces from Wild West sets! I'm not certain how many other themes have them but fort Legoredo has a bunch. Thanks for your compliments. Jon (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Thanks for your kind words, I only wish I could get pics more up to your standard. BTW, I forgot to say also that I really like how you used the printed brick pieces on the inside of the workshop (as opposed to the outside), I'll need to do (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) While I've got my Orthanc built I have to shoot pictures for the chapters "The Road to Isengard", "Flotsam and Jetsam", and "Many Partings". Then there are some less ambitious scenes I want to do. I got a whole pile of white 1x1 plates on (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

The snowstorm sounds really great! That is a great Idea for the mithril as well. Are you going to have Merry and Pippin Smoking? If so I'd love to hear some Ideas for Pipes since I've got none! I loved your orthanc by the way. I figure this is off (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

If you want an idea for pipes, I've got one I'll share, even though I kinda wanted to use it first... it's ok! take one of the space levers... bend fully, and turn upside down... instant pipe :) HTH :) Tamy (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Jon, this is cool! I love the interior, absolutely stunning. All the books and potions and bottles and miscellaneous things add so much to the mood. It looks like this place is actually lived in. And it seems your occupant is a bit cleaner than (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

Chris, I'm certain that the Cleanliness of a wizards in not always proportional to the magnitude with which he performs his craft! I'm a fan of Wynock of course! I agree that the exterior isn't exactly up to snuff, especially in regards to Bag End. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Wizards Workshop

(...) Wow that's really cool. I've never seen a "fantasy" MOC with so much detail. Now you've inspired me to make my own type of model in this area. -Justin- (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)