 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 55
54  |  56
Subject:
Brickshelf 2nd anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickshelf
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 01:09:36 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Second anniversary of the instruction scan site (now brickshelf.com)
is coming up on April 19, 2000.

I searched back through deja.com, and found the original messages:

(4/19/1998):
http://x41.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=345597924&CONTEXT=956019207.2115829
775&hitnum=14

I have hear alot of requests for instruction scans here,
and a good number of replies complain about a lack of
bandwidth or disk space.  I have essentially unlimited
disk/bandwidth, so I am willing to set up a *simple* website
for scans.  It'll just be a directory listing of folders
by set name, containing the scan files and optional README
from submitter.  This will take
the least possible time to maintain (I do not have unlimited
time unfortunately).  This format should also be the
least likely to attract negative attention from corporate types.
I will supply  a global disclamer README in the root folder,
and I would encourage submitters to supply their
own with leagalease/links/etc to be placed with in their set
folder(s).

If anyone has scans of discontinued sets that they would like
to be made avalible
this way, send me email with the url of the scans.
If *and only if* the files are not avalible through http/ftp/gopher etc,
email them to:

kloch@NOSPAAAMkl.net

and remove the capitalized characters in the email address.

I will post the url of the site as soon as it has content.

(4/20/1998):
http://x41.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=345846482&CONTEXT=956019207.2115829
775&hitnum=13

Ok, since I have received the first submission,
my instruction scan site is now up at:

http://www.kl.net/scans

It is simple/non-sexy by design so no complaints
about that please.  If you have scans and would like them
to be available on this site, email me:

kloch@NOSPMkl.net

and of course remove the capital letters in the
address before sending...

I know there are a number of scans on various sites
already, but I'm not going to leech those without
an email from the webmaster.  If you want
scans from other sites to be available on this site,
contact the other webmaster and have them send me
email and I would be happy to put them up.

Please see the README on the site for leagal/disclamer
and other info.

Kevin Loch

(4/22/1998):
http://x41.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=346547016&CONTEXT=956019207.2115829
775&hitnum=11

OK, due to popular demand, I have set up an
anonymous ftp server for people to upload
instruction scans to my instruction scan site.
simply put them in the incoming dir and I will
move them to the web area.

the web site is:  http://www.kl.net/scans

the ftp upload site is:  ftp://ftp.kl.net

Kevin Loch

(on 4/23/1998):
http://x41.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=347033520&CONTEXT=956019207.2115829
775&hitnum=10

also just an update, thanks to several generous uploaders the
site already has over 60 megs of scans for about 40 items.
In the 4 days since it's been up it has delivered over 3000
images (excluding aborts) to over 200 unique ip's.
thanks for making it a worthwile effort!

Kevin

KL