 Publishing / 1921
Re: Brickshelf 2nd anniversary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 03:41:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
The Second anniversary of the instruction scan site (now brickshelf.com)
is coming up on April 19, 2000.

Congratulations! and (at least) three cheers for Kevin Loch!  (And not just
because he was the first[1] other AFOL I met after coming out of my dark
ages...)

(Cheer1) Kevin has certainly done quite a bit better than his original simple
and boring planned layout for the instruction scans.  The nested thumbnail
pages make browsing and searching fun, helping us find what we want through
its intuitive and quick interface.  Brickshelf.com is great not only for its
content, but for its powerful design as well.

(Cheer2) In the Gallery section of brickshelf.com, Kevin has singlehandedly
created an interface that is easier to use than any of the commercial picture
hosting services on the web.

(Cheer3) By bringing together so many AFOLs' creations in one place, Kevin has
brightened many of my (and I imagine some other readers as well) days by
giving us quick and easy access to great images of many different modelers
MOC's.  I love hitting that "recent" link to see the great new things that
people have built.

So again, thanks for providing our community with such a great service.

Will

[1]  Kevin sold me an 8480 just as I was coming out of my dark ages.  I did
not realize until over a week after the sale that kl.net was where all those
great instructions scans were stored that I had been printing out to rebuild
some childhood sets.