 Announcements / 873
  NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

The New England LEGO Users Group (NELUG) will be participaiting in their first ever train show this weekend (December 2nd and 3rd) at the Greenberg Train Show in Wilmington MA. Show times are: Saturday, December 2nd 11:00am - 5:00pm Sunday, December (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma) !

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

Way to go! And have fun fun fun! BTW Is that a left into the 2nd driveway of Dunkin' Donuts where the wicked fat dude works, then back onto route 5 for 10 minutes, depending on traffic, then take Exit 43? :D (A little Boston, drivin' directions (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

Followups to off-topic.fun (...) Ahh yes brings back memories of one of my favorite Saturday Night Live Skits. Unfortunately if you arn't from New England the skit was probably lost on most people. The skit was a gameshow and the object of the game (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

(...) You mean "the exit where Filene's used to be". eric, who also liked that sketch Eric referred to. (Feel free to begin making more Eric conspiracy jokes) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G4wK07.EJB@lugnet.com... (...) wicked (...) traffic, (...) If I'm not too totally off-base, the welcome of conspiracy jokes is a part of the grand conspiracy itself. Very clever. -- Tim (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

(...) You know there is a reason why so many of us live in AmERICa you know. It's no accident. For the Eric's shall inherit the Earth. Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:G4wKxL.H9n@lugnet.com... (...) part (...) It's no (...) Pretty shaky ground to stand on (I could go somewhere with that alone) - being that this continent was accidentally named America (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

(...) The Eric's (1) *what*? You left a word out, bub. Let me try one or two for size: For the Eric's donut mites(2) shall inherit the Earth. For the Eric's pet cats shall inherit the Earth. Ahem. That was fun. Ok, more seriously(3), I would submit (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

(...) That's what I.. err, *we* want you to believe. (...) I think both Eric Harshbarger and Eric Brok qualify. Both are extremely talented in more than one field each, and yet they don't make a big deal of it. eric (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

(...) I'm not going to let that interfere with my theorizing. From the _Journal of Irreproducible Results_: if some of the data doesn't fit your theory, toss it. ++Lar (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA

"The GREEK? Did you catch his name? Oh, the MEEK, yeah, they've had a heck of a time with it, haven't they." Punchy SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

No fancy web pages but for those that can't wait here are a few pictures of setup on Friday. We still have to finish a little setup Saturday. Anyway here you go. (URL) pictures to come after the show. Eric Kingsley (...) Exit (...) Road. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Eric, Great looking first club layout, good luck this weekend! Have fun... Build on... Robin W GFLTC (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Looks like you guys are all set, enjoy the show. Saturday are always the best since you don't have to unpack when you get there and you don't have to pack up when you leave. Do you have some kind of sanctions to keep the crowd back? Also be sure to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(...) As someone who works on concrete every day(I'm in the constuction trades/of course,i build both with lego and the real thing:-) )heed James advice.I myself will where my work boots when MICHLUG does our show for GATS in January. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(...) of the detail in those overall shots is lost. Yes, I know a number of those town buildings are ones we've seen before, that's true. Looks like you've got a handsome layout there, the "city blocks" effect of a number of your buildings adds to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Wow! Looks super. I hope Todd and I can make it over. Some great buildings in there. fun! -Suz (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: First day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(...) Well we hope to see you there too. Day 2 raw photos comming momentarily! For anyone that is on the fence please try and make Sunday its a blast. Eric K. (...) here (...) first (...) website. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Second Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

What do you think these people are looking at? (URL) here are some quick day 2 pics. Once again these are unedited. I will sort through them later and make an official page. (URL) those into more detail and closeups you might want to start at the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Second Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

(URL) pic is finally all the NELUG memebers at the show explaining at the same time, "Yes LEGO has been making trains for over 30 years!" All kidding aside, it looks great! I love that the entire table is covered in studs. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Third Day Pic's (Re: NELUG to display its first Train Layout this weekend in Wilmington MA)

Here are some third day pictures. Details and web pages due in a couple days. (URL) Kingsley (...) Exit (...) Road. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Third Day Pic's

I just wanted to congratulate you all on a great show, everything looked great from the pictures, I can't wait to hear what you guys thought of it. eric: you really need an index page for so many pictures :) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Third Day Pics from Wilmington

(...) What happened in pic 13? I thought the plane crash in yesterday's (saturday's) pics, with all the emergency vehicles clustered round, was interesting... Was this more of the same, a metroliner crash? That outside track is "awf'ly" close to the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Third Day Pics from Wilmington

(...) Well... Ummm... Yah thats it. (...) Uh. Yah. The first day we had no serious accidents but on day 2 the Metroliner made the trip twice. Admittedly we were running the trains slower on day one. My theory that a slow train gives little ones and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma)