 Announcements / 651
650  |  652
Subject:
Brickbay.com is Ready
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:14:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After 2 months of work, the site is finally stable, bug-free (hopefully) and
ready to be used.  I wiped out all test information on the site including
everyone's inventories, orders and profiles.  The site can now be accessed by
its domain name:

http://www.brickbay.com

I added a couple things since the test mode began and have been able to
implement most of people's suggestions.  Here are some of them:

Selling in Bulk:
You can set the minimum buy of each item you have for sale so that a buyer can
only buy them in multiples of that number.  For example if you have 1,000 red
bricks and want to sell them in batches of 100.  The system will only allow
you to have minimum buy if it is a divident of quantity or else people would
never be able to buy the rest.

Password Recovery:
3 people actually forgot their password during the test mode so I added a
secret question/answer to the registration form which will later send your
password to the e-mail address you supplied on the form if you answer your
question correctly.  (this feature isn't in place yet but will be soon).

Making Inventory Unavailable:
You can turn off your inventory to the general public if you for example go on
vacation or if it takes you couple hours to build your inventory and don't
want people buying items before you're done.

Images:
You can select parts from drop-down menus or type in the part number and
request a 80x60 black and white image of the part and copy it into your item
URL by clicking a button.  There are now only few images of the parts but rest
will be added soon since generating these images is a pain.

This site will still be worked on and more features will be added.  Auctions
should be there soon.  It is much much easier to create an auction site than
what's there now since here we are moving people's items all over the place.

Everyone's profiles have been wiped out since now everyone has to accept the
TOS if they want to use the site.  If you intend on using the site and have
any suggestions on what other features you want to see, please feel free to e-
mail admin@brickbay.com

Thanks for reading this and big thanks to everyone who took their time testing
the site.

D.