 Announcements / 549
548  |  550
Subject:
Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:23:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:
[...]
To subscribe via SMTP (e-mail), point your web browser here:
   http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/

Hmm.  So far, only 22 people have signed up for e-mail delivery of the new
LEGO announcements group.  Is awareness of the group still too low, or is
the interface for mail subscriptions still too confusing?  (It was designed
for efficiently managing large numbers of groups simultaneously, but not for
managing groups individually.)

Well...in any case...there's now a shortcut!

To receive lugnet.lego.announce via email (highly recommended), point your
web browser here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/sub/?lugnet.lego.announce

and fill in the blanks.  Give it a shot!  :)

--Todd

p.s.  The main pages for groups on the website now also give links to these
subscription shortcuts instead of to the all-encompassing list manager.  You
can still get to the bigger list manager with a second click.