 Announcements / 3806 (-20)
  Arealight's Magnificent mid-year Scoot-a-bration!!

[Arealight's Magnificent mid-year Scoot-a-bration!!] (URL) The Fine Clonier is hosting a contest for Arealight, drop by and have some fun building a simple MOC to win great prizes. For more information check below or follow the link in the photo to (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jul-08, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce)

  New Ldraw parts authors tool: Intersector

(URL) This new utility allows to cut a LDraw file along the intersection with another. All triangles, quads, lines and conditional lines in cut file are split where they meet triangles or quads of the cutter file. Program, documentation, source code (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Server Outage between 11:30 and 15:30 GMT today

Hi all, this is just to inform you that we had an unplanned server outage today (July 2nd, 2008), taking LUGNET offline from 11:30 to 15:30 GMT. The primary cause was a blown power supply with the main server, which subsequently burned some parts of (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Castle Adventure in Indianapolis

I just received the July-August Brickmaster magazine today, and on page 23 it tells of a LEGO Castle Adventure that's a touring exhibit. It starts on January 31, and guess where it starts... The Children's Museum of Indianapolis!!! (Really nice for (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jul-08, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, FTX)

  Press release for LEGO Collectors Guide

Hi all, You might be interested in the flyer for the LEGO Collectors Guide. No word on US availability as of yet. (URL) Flyer (PDF file)> Enjoy! Tim (URL) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Courageous Class Patrol Ship.

The Courageous Class Patrol Vessel is a high-speed attack craft designed to engage and destroy or cripple enemy capital ships and defend the shores of Tabletown. It's secondary roles include coastguard duties, anti-piracy, and tracking down drug (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Brickworld 2008 - Thanks to Everyone

(URL) A HUGE thank you to everyone that participated in Brickworld 2008. Once again, the event was a great success because of your efforts, your donations and your artistic & engineering talents. We never thought we could top the feel of Brickworld (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jun-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  LDraw Facebook and Flickr groups

Whoops. I forgot to post these to .announce. I've created Facebook and Flickr groups for LDraw. Facebook group: (URL) group: (URL) posts: (URL) about that, Tim (16 years ago, 11-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce) !

  LEGO Attendees and Sponsored Events at Brickworld

(URL) Once again this year, The LEGO Group will play a wonderful part in the Brickworld event. This year, we expect 15 LEGO attendees at the event. I have listed their role at LEGO as I understand it wherever possible (I am sorry I don't know (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jun-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  RAILBRICKS Issue 3

(URL) RAILBRICKS Issue 3 has been released. The Tips & Tricks Issue 64 pages (URL) Articles include: •PF Trains + 9v Train Tricks •Creating Wooden Trestle Bridges •RCX (PBricks) and 9v Train Integration •Interview with Swoofty •and much more..... (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LDraw.org's May 2008 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the May 2008 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Door 1 x 8 x 6 Frame by Willy Tschager (Holly-Wood) and LEGO Universe Team> (URL) POTM – Most Desired Part, Window 1 x 4 (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New LEGO Ambassador Group!

New LEGO Ambassador Group! We’re excited to announce the new group of LEGO Ambassadors who will be representing the AFOL Community to the LEGO Group. We had nearly 100 nominations and the choices were hard. We settled on the following forty (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  June Grand Openings for LEGO Brand Retail

The month of June is going to have two grand openings for brand new LEGO Brand Retail Stores, one in Houston, TX and one in Phoenix, AR. I just wanted to make sure all of the information was posted in one place if you’re interesting in knowing when (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Ambassador Nominations - mails really were all recieved!

We had a slight hiccup in our mail process today. if you recieved a mail stating that your Ambassador nomination will not be read, and you know full well you sent it in on time, please ignore. We have all of your nominations and they are still (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce)

  Official parts restrictions document ratified by the LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has ratified the document (URL) LDraw.org File Format Restrictions for Official Parts>. This document lists restrictions that aren't part of the LDraw 1.0 spec that are placed on files in the official parts (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Aladdin and the Lamp

In which Aladdin rubs the lamp, erm, teapot, and is granted three wishes... (2 URLs) Dr. S. (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  "Picking up the Pieces" Post-Apoc contest

You know what's all the rage in the building world these days? Post-Apocalypse. All the cool kids are doing it. They even started a new contest: (URL) We encourage any and all to try their hand. There's lots of inspiration out there from (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Hispabrick Magazine Issue 1 now Avaliable

Dear all: It's a great day for the Spanish Community. We have the pleasure to launch the first issue of the Hispabrick Magazine. This magazine is destined mainly to the Spanish speaking community, but everyone can enjoy it. We are now preparing the (...) (16 years ago, 31-May-08, to lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld Class Registration OPEN

(URL) Brickworld 2008 will feature four 3 hour classes on Thursday, June 19th. You can now sign up for classes at the Brickworld website. To register for a class: 1) You must be registered to attend Brickworld 2) Go to the Thursday, June 19, Program (...) (16 years ago, 28-May-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact