 Announcements / 3804
3803  |  3805
Subject:
Server Outage between 11:30 and 15:30 GMT today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:45:55 GMT

Hi all,

this is just to inform you that we had an unplanned server outage today (July
2nd, 2008), taking LUGNET offline from 11:30 to 15:30 GMT.

The primary cause was a blown power supply with the main server, which
subsequently burned some parts of the server's mainboard. Since the latter
damage was only found after replacing the power supply, the outage lasted longer
than we expected.

There were no data losses accounted for. Delayed emails are currently pouring in
and should turn into posts (or authentication requests respectively) soon.

On behalf of the data center team I apologize for any inconveniences this may
have caused you.

Regards,

Jerry