 Announcements / 3593
3592  |  3594
Subject:
LDraw All-In-One-Installer - Seeking permission from software programmers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:18:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dear contributor to the LDraw System Of Tools,

We would like to include your program files listed below (the “Product”) in our
new LDraw.org All-In-One-Installer, (the “Work”) to be published by LDraw.org:

______________________________
Program

The purpose of this announcement is to obtain your prior written permission to
distribute the Product and publish it as part of the Work.

By signing below, you grant to LDraw.org, its successors and assigns, the
non-exclusive right and license to use, display, reproduce, publish, transmit,
and distribute the Product in the Work in all languages throughout the world,
and in all advertising and promotions of the Work. Your grant and license shall
also apply to any revised editions, or derivative works of the Work or revised
editions of the Work in any media or formats, whether now or hereafter known,
including without limitation other kinds of print media and electronic media
(such as on-line systems, CD-ROM applications, and multimedia products).

By signing below you represent and warrant that (I) you are the sole owner of
all copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights
in and to the Product, (II) LDraw.org's publication of the Product as authorized
herein will not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other
intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity, and (III)
you are not a party to and the Product is not subject to any contract or
arrangement which would conflict with your permission herein.

Please complete, sign, and email a scanned copy of your response to:
content(at)ldraw[dot]org.

We look forward to receiving your permission to use the Product file and
documentation in the LDraw.org All-In-One-Installer.

Thank you,

Willy Tschager
on behalf of the LDraw Steering Committee

ACKNOWLEDGED AND AGREED:

I hereby authorize the use and publication of the Product in
LDraw_All-In-One-Installer to be utilized and published as described above.

______________________________________
Signature

______________________________________
Printed Name and Title

______________________________________
Address

______________________________________
Postcode/Zip and City

______________________________________
Country

______________________________________
Email and LDraw.org Username

______________________________________
Date

Ahui, compiling and maintaining the LDraw All-In-One-Installer would like to see
the following programs in the upcoming CA-complaint installer:

L3P
L3PAO
LDView
LPub
LSynth
MLCad
BMP 2 LDraw
L3Lab
LDAdd On
LGEO Parts Library
Sticker Generator for LDraw/MLCAD - http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=14654

As a note I'd like to add that most code-gods have already agreed to a similar
permission in the past. The SteerCo's concern is that the permissions have been
sent to Ahui's personal mailbox and do not have a common wording. Furthermore we
ask you to reply to this post once you have sent your agreement to keep track
what is still missing.

If you program is not on the list please sent in your agreement anyway
especially if your program is addressed to hard boiled part authors: There is a
good chance that we will compile a All-In-One-Installer-For-Part-Authors once
the CA-AIOI has been shipped.

w.