 Announcements / 3581 (-20)
  A new community of mischeif and mayhem

You know how when you go to look at the list of rules for a community forum, and the last one is something dumb like "The most important rule is to have fun"? Man, that irks me. Nobody has to tell me to have fun, it sorta comes naturally to me. And (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people.adults) !!

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/SOTM/POTM contest: (URL) consider submitting your work. deadline is 27.07.2007. beside all this please don't forget about "RACHAL - The RAytraching CHALlange": (URL) the "Commemoration of the 10th (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Update news on BrickShelf.com

UPDATE NEWS on BrickShelf.com According to the mainpage of BRICKSHELF.com as if 9:25pm CST July 19, 2007 "Notice: Brickshelf will not be shutting down! We will be offering "featured" accounts for $5/month shortly. We have received hundreds of (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Indiana Jones in Brick Journal Blog

To restore a little humor, I found a photo of the new Indiana Jones figure complete with a new fedora. I found the photo on Brick Journal’s blog. I love the hat and I can’t wait to get my hands on the sets. And on another note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Joe (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Revitalizing or Replacing BrickShelf In Some Form

I have noticed on LUGNET that there are a number of sites that are being offered as alternatives to BrickShelf. My concern is the issue of the number of sites now competing to fill the void and splintering the community, rather than one major site (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce)

  3rd Annual Summer LEGO Camp

To all, It is time for my annual (3rd year) Summer LEGO Camp through my local Parks and Rec program. Since the last camp (URL) I have relocated from Cedar City, Utah to Spanish Fork, Utah. After the move, I found that Spanish Fork had a more (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.ulug, FTX)

  MOCshow - free image and files gallery

Dear fellow LEGO fans of all ages The recent events with Brickshelf makes me believe we need more options to show our creations, events, and share LEGO related files. Please welcome 'MOCshow' - (URL) free gallery - personal albums (for showing off (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish) !!

  MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

Hi, everyone... With the looming shut-down of Brickshelf, I would like to offer (URL) MOCpages> as a safe alternative for everyone to continue posting their LEGO creations. In light of this, MOCpages now offers free image hosting. Of course, you can (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.mocpages, FTX) !!

  Brickshelf Backup Crawler for Mac

As noted (URL) here>, there is a BSBackup utility for Windows that helps you batch download the contents of Brickshelf galleries. (This is of interest at the moment due to Brickshelf's imminent closure.) I've written a quick hack to accomplish the (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  BRICKSHELF account USERS *Spread the NEWS*

This information is for people who have a BRICKSHELF account on BRICKSHELF.COM. DEADLINE for Brickshelf to SHUTDOWN July 31, 2007. ASAP!! If you are a MOD, ADMIN, USER or knows who runs on any of the LEGO fan websites listed below inform everybody (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Theme for NWBrickCon 2007 and Sail-In

Ahoy mateys! The convention theme for NWBrickCon 2007 this year is . . . Pirates! We'll be having a special emphasis on the brick's buccaneers and encourage everone to bring Pirate-related models. As part of this, and inspired by the Space Fly-In at (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jul-07, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

  CATEGORY and KEYWORD extension ratified by the LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has ratified the CATEGORY and KEYWORD language extension. The most major change between the ratified specification and the de-facto standard is to officially move the creation of new part categories away from the (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Turnpike, Train MOC

Hey everyone, So here is the latest MOC. (URL) a second link for a more detailed photo's: (URL) set up is very common in Western to Central Canada as it is the quickest and most cost effective way to get product from the west to the central (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic) !

  Call for Presentations at NWBrickCon 2007

NWBrickCon 2007 is looking for talks, roundtables, and special activities at the Con this year. Several of our traditional activities, such as the Dirty Brickster, are already planned but we can still find space on the schedule for lots more. In the (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jul-07, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

  ILTCO @ NMRA Nat'l Train Show

Hi All, Just wanted to remind every one about the NMRA National Train Show LEGO layout. There will be ~12 clubs jointly diplaying their best stuff in a giant ~100'x100' layout. It is at the Cobo Conference/Exhibition Center on July 27 - 29, 2007 in (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jul-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !!

  TRON Building Challenge

(2 URLs) ReasonablyClever.Com> is happy to announce a summer mini-contest...more of a building challenge, really. TRON! Click the picture, above, to see the full contest details. Right now the prize is a set of 4 X-Pods, but I'll up the ante if (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  SCLTC goes Red, White, and Boom! at LEGOLAND California

Members of the (URL) Southern California LEGO Train Club> set up the world's largest US flag made of LEGO bricks at (URL) California> last Friday night. (URL) Originally built at the Orange County Fair in 2005 over a 3 day period and rebuilt at (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Time lapse movie of bridge assembly

Here is a time-lapse movie of the assembly of my cable-stayed bridge. The movie consists of seven hours of work condensed into a little more than two minutes. It was filmed at COSI Toledo, a children's hands-on science museum in Toledo, Ohio (USA), (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, FTX)

  LDraw.org's June 2007 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the June 2007 Model/Scene Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Lotus 49B by Luca Rusconi (RoscoPC)> (URL) POTM - Best Part, Technic Sprocket Wheel 40.4 by Donald Sutter (technog)> (URL) POTM – Most Desired (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  RACHAL Polar - changeover day

Hi all, Another quarter (well, tomorrow anyway) and another RACHAL. The last entry for RACHAL Impossible is up (URL) 1> and it's time for a new challenge. This month we go back to the snow (yes it seems we have an addiction) with a guest submission (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact