 Announcements / 3566 (-20)
  TRON Building Challenge

(2 URLs) ReasonablyClever.Com> is happy to announce a summer mini-contest...more of a building challenge, really. TRON! Click the picture, above, to see the full contest details. Right now the prize is a set of 4 X-Pods, but I'll up the ante if (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  SCLTC goes Red, White, and Boom! at LEGOLAND California

Members of the (URL) Southern California LEGO Train Club> set up the world's largest US flag made of LEGO bricks at (URL) California> last Friday night. (URL) Originally built at the Orange County Fair in 2005 over a 3 day period and rebuilt at (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Time lapse movie of bridge assembly

Here is a time-lapse movie of the assembly of my cable-stayed bridge. The movie consists of seven hours of work condensed into a little more than two minutes. It was filmed at COSI Toledo, a children's hands-on science museum in Toledo, Ohio (USA), (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, FTX)

  LDraw.org's June 2007 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the June 2007 Model/Scene Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Lotus 49B by Luca Rusconi (RoscoPC)> (URL) POTM - Best Part, Technic Sprocket Wheel 40.4 by Donald Sutter (technog)> (URL) POTM – Most Desired (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  RACHAL Polar - changeover day

Hi all, Another quarter (well, tomorrow anyway) and another RACHAL. The last entry for RACHAL Impossible is up (URL) 1> and it's time for a new challenge. This month we go back to the snow (yes it seems we have an addiction) with a guest submission (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New Contest - Name the LifeLites Lbrick

OK, in case you haven't found out by now, Brickmodder Labs has been rather quiet as of late working on the latest and greatest line of products, one of which is a new modular lighting system made especially for you to use in your MOCs to aid in (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Server Outage Today

Hi all, unfortunately we encountered a RAID failure on the LUGNET server today, and while this was expected to be a minor malfunction of a single disk, the replacement proved slightly more complicated than we anticipated. Nevertheless the only harm (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Announcing Brickvention 2008!

Well folks, it’s finally here! The second all-Australian public LEGO fan expo, Brickvention 2008! To be held in Melbourne, Australia, on January 26-27 2008, Brickvention is still in the planning stages, but we are currently working on: Presentations (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !

  Commemoration of the 10th anniversary of James Jessiman's passing

On the 25th July 1997, James Jessiman passed away due to complications from the flu. The LDraw Steering Committee would like to commemorate the 10th anniversary of this sad day with a tribute page to James and his great foundation. We invite you to (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

  Lego Universe trailer online

Demo/concept trailer for the Lego Universe online game has been posted (URL) here> Roy (17 years ago, 23-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

hi folks, we still seek some entries for the SOTM/POTM contest: (URL) consider submitting your work. deadline is 27.06.2007. beside all this please don't forget about RACHAL - The RAytraching CHALlange: (URL) Contest Coordinator (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Clifton D. Chambers stop ignoring me and ship the jambalaya box!

please note that i have tried every method i know of to contact Clifton without posting this to lugnet. this is my last resort. Clifton D. Chambers, You have had well over 2 months to ship me the jambalaya box. I am getting really tired of emailing, (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) This is confirmed. Looking forward to the new movie and the LEGO sets next year... "Big Daddy" Nelson Yrizarry LEGO Ambassador (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, lugnet.adventurers, FTX) !

  Re: Brickworld Registration Deadline Extended

(...) Just a heads-up to anyone who might not have noticed: I was just checking out the Brickworld site and noticed that the Brickworld folks have extended their deadline for registration and, perhaps even better, the hotel has extended the deadline (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX)

  LEGO William Shatner at gallery exhibition

Hi, everybody! I'm happy to announce that one of my LEGO sculptures will be premiering at a art gallery in Calgary, Canada. (URL) The Shatner Show> is a book and exhibition of artwork depicting William Shatner by over 70 artists and illustrators (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.cal, FTX)

  BrickJournal 8 is OUT!

(URL) Issue 8 Spotlights the Market Street set with reviews and articles. Also has an interview with a Master Builder at LEGOLAND Windsor, as well as events such as BrickFest. Building articles include building a destroyer and building an (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jun-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Eric Brok has passed away!!

I just found out on the Bricklink Forum that AFOL Eric Brok of the Netherlands, the designer of the new 10190 LEGO set has passed away!! This is just awful news! Our hearts and our prayers go out to Eric's family. His website: (URL) Istok (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce) !!

  NonCA-parts in need of re-writing

Hi folks, At www.ldraw.org you will find a list of files in the official library, whose original author has not affirmed the CA and therefore need to be re-written by CA-authors. (URL) Howard and Guy Vivan have already put a lot of effort in this (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jun-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.announce) !!

  Linetrim, a LDraw line trimmer utility

(2 URLs) Linetrim> utility, intended for LDraw parts authors, crops lines sticking out of polygons. Lines to be trimmed and triangles/quads against which they are cropped are provided to the utility as separate LDraw files. A third file containing (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  *** LDView Version 3.2 Beta 1 Released ***

LDView 3.2 Beta 1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) This is a Beta release, which means that I’m hoping to get as much feedback as possible. This also means that it is likely not as stable as a final release, (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jun-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact