 Announcements / 3456 (-20)
  Millenium Falcon 10179 Raffle

To All, Hey, I just saw a great idea on Eurobricks (URL) They are holding a raffle for the $500.00 Millenium Falcon 10179 set. So I am interested whether or not the community on LUGNET might be willing to do this. Here's my thinking: There are few (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Announcing the 5th Cycle of the LEGO Ambassador Program!

Announcing LEGO Ambassador Cycle 5 We’re proud to announce the Fifth Cycle of the LEGO Ambassador Program. We’ve upped the number of members in the program to thirty this time spanning 13 countries. We’ve also lengthened the cycle to an entire year. (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Motion to the LDraw Bylaws (Accountability of "Key Positions"): Call for Ratification

Since the motion to the LDraw Bylaws has been posted (URL) and publicly discussed, and since by peoples' silence, there appear to be no more lingering objections, the Steering Committee hereby calls for a community vote to ratify the motion which (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  2007/2008 LDraw Steering Committee Election is open

The 2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee election is now open. To vote, please visit (URL) and log in with your user account. Next, visit the ballot page on LDraw.org here: (URL) LDraw organization members may vote and you may vote for up to five (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's February 2007 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the February 2007 Model/Scene Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Yellow Sportspeeder by Joseph Durel> (URL) SOTM, The Forces of Isengard by Philip Heinrich> The voting for the March 2007 Model of the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Castle Contest sponsored by LEGO and Classic-Castle

Hi all, Classic-Castle is pleased to announce a new (URL) Castle Contest>. (URL) LEGO has offered each of the new 2007 Castle sets as prizes, and the contest is being administered by Classic-Castle. Go to the (URL) contest page> for details. Also (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Announcing Bitsticker

I'd like to announce the availability of a little script I wrote that converts small bitmap images (JPG, PNG, GIF) to "stickers" that you can use in your LDraw models. The script is called Bitsticker and there's nothing to download: just visit (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !!

  BrickFest '07 Hotel Room Block

Hi Everyone, I wanted to remind everyone that the official hotel for BrickFest ’07 is the Red Lion Hotel Portland Convention Center. There are details at the BrickFest web site at: (URL). The room block special rate is good until March 3rd. You can (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !

  BrickFest™ 2007 - NXT-only Sumo competition

BrickFest™ 2007 LEGO Mindstorms Robot Competition NXT-only Sumo ===...=== The Challenge: Build a Sumo robot using only the parts in one standard NXT set. (Only set #8527; sorry, not the education version, set #9797.) The Rules: This event is a (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !!

  Spiderman 3 Black Suit

Well decided to make a Spiderman 3 fig. Yes the suit is different than the comic, this is inspired by the film (2 URLs) Gallery> Please wait for it to go public Other figs: (URL) Figs>, (URL) Figs>, and more (URL) Figs> Kaminoan (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.licensed.spiderman, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  LEGO History CD Owners Who Want to Get Some Rare LEGO Free

I am looking for some LEGO CD owners who belong to LUGs.... or know a lot of LEGO owners... If you own the CD, you are likely not disappointed with its' 1,265 pages. I am looking for a few folks to sell them to their AFOL friends at LUGs and other (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce)

  BrickFest '07 Sessions and Special Events

Hi All, There have been many requests for what's happening at BrickFest '07. So we decided to post a list of Special Events and Sessions (so far). Here they are! SPECIAL EVENTS: • Brick-Master Build off (Hosted by LEGO) Details to be posted soon! • (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !

  Build a Suburban House (or homes) for Brickfest

The Town / Train display is putting out the call for Suburban houses to populate the areas outside the city limits. If you haven’t built town MOCs before but want to give this one a try – this is the perfect opportunity as the investment in pieces (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  The Yellow Devil

(URL) Rob Kraataclaw is a legend in the Interstellar Snuff Circuit. Rob was once a human, but when he tried to enhance himself with super-strength implants he went insane. Believing himself to be part of an ancient tribe that never even existed the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  " (needs work)" officially sanctioned by LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has officially sanctioned the use of " (needs work)" in part titles to allow parts to be certified with known problems. Note that this has been used for years now in the library, but many part authors and (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  New LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial

I'm posting an LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial. In the tutorial, I show how to take an LDraw file, make it animatable, convert it to POV-Ray using Anton Raves' parts library and create an animation from it. I'll try to go over as much (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Reminder: 2007 Steering Committee Nominations closing in a week

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) will close in a week, at 11:59 PM GMT on 28 February 2007 and elections will start the 1st of March. Only those candidates that have been nominated, seconded, and have accepted as outlined, will be eligible for (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Factory is looking for an Interactive Web Designer

posted on behalf of the LEGO Factory Team: INTERACTIVE WEB DESIGNER FOR LEGO FACTORY Internet, Design, Technology, Communities, Customization We are looking for an interactive web designer to join our Business Development team at the LEGO HQ in (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce)

  New twist on Moonbase at Brick Bash

There's something new at Brick Bash this year, and we need your help! In keeping with one of the goals of Brick Bash - community involvement and "evangelism" of the hobby - we will be assembling a combination AFOL/public Moonbase complex this year. (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickbash, FTX)

  LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

Hi, everyone. I'm extremely pleased to announce that I've managed to compile (URL) LDView 3.1> on Mac OS X! Previously, I believe only (URL) version 1.0> was publicly available. Allow me to submit this piping-hot screenshot as evidence for your (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact