 Announcements / 2981 (-20)
  Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

SCLTC and the 2005 Orange County Fair invite our friends in Southern California to help us turn 200,000 red, white, and blue bricks into the world's largest free standing United States Flag this weekend. Construction runs daily from 10:00 to 20:00 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !!

  6 wide autorack

i was finally able to complete a working design for a autorack, pictures are here (URL) moderation) (URL) model is only single level due to size, however i am happy to say you can fit some cars in it, and maybe even a small truck to. (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  BrickFest is less then one month away!

BrickFest 2005 Washington, DC AUGUST 12-14 You don't want to miss the Best Three Days of LEGO fandom! 30 days from today, Pre-Registration ends July 27th. (URL) Build LEGO moments with new acquaintances, meet community members from all over the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  SCLTC opens at the Orange County Fair!

The Southern California LEGO Train Club's first ever run at the at 2005 Orange County Fair begins today. SCLTC is providing four separate attractions consisting of two displays and two building events: A train layout A flag building record attempt (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  SCLTC Goes Red, White, and Blue (200,000 times)!

SCLTC will manage the construction of the world's largest United States flag made entirely of LEGO bricks at the 2005 Orange County Fair. Members of the public are invited to participate in this record breaking attempt to create a flag 12 feet long (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  TexLUG Austin meeting Sunday 7/10

Folks, Come on by the next Austin TexLUG meeting Sunday, July 10. Bring your latest creations, or share some tips on where you've gotten good deals lately - Target is putting Lego on clearance up in Dallas, hopefully the same is true here in Austin. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  LPub building instructions for Shovel GBC module

As an exercise to learn the use of Kevin Clague's LPub, I created full building instructions for my (URL) GBC shovel module>. (2 URLs) The instructions are available as an Acrobat PDF (URL) 20 pages booklet> and as a (URL) collection of GIF images>, (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  NMRA layout poster of group areas

Hello LUGNET members, With just a few days left and unless someone else has made a map of the participating groups for the NMRA Cincinnati show I was going to. I continued my super-micro scale of part of COLTC’s display and made a MLCAD render with (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  German and Italian language add-on for MLCad 3.20 available

hi folks, I upgraded the german and italian language add-on for MLCad. the add-ons are now fit for version 3.20. you'll find the .zip-files along with a tutorial for how to change the language interface at: German - (URL) - (URL) w. (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Vikings Soon at Shop-at-Home?

Was just browsing Lego Shop-at-Home and saw that they have a category "Vikings" with a new icon beside it. I happily clicked it but the link goes nowhere.... I'm guessing that this means Canada will have the ability to purchase Viking sets soon! (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce)

  Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

BrickFest 2005 event planning and space allocation is in process. It would really help the planning process to get some idea of what competitions you might be planning on entering, and what Technic, Mindstorms or Great Ball Contraption MOCs you be (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

Hey gang, I was asked to pass on the following information in regards to the "Build the Trust" competition occuring this year at Brickfest: “Did we ask for too much in our “Build the Trust” registration? All we really need to know right now is that (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  NMRA show in 1 week!!

In exactly 7 days, no less than 70 AFOLs will begin construction on the ILTCO layout at the National Train Show of the National Model Railroad Association. The NTS will be held in the Cinergy center in Cincinnati, OH. Address: 525 Elm Street, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  360 ° panorama shots and report from 1000steine-Land 2005

Hi all, at the 3rd 1000steine-Land in Berlin we had a new location with lots of separate MOC islands. A guy from www.panoshot.de took some great shots and it will give you a great feeling exploring the exhibition. (2 URLs) 1000steine-Land panoramas (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  ParLUGment Canada Day Display

If you happen to be in the Ottawa area for the annual Canada Day festivities be sure to stop in and say hi! Working in conjunction with the National Capital Commission, ParLUGment will be setting up a LEGO train display in Jacques Cartier Park (just (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: New home for Brickshelf Scan Library

It took a little bit longer than we had hoped, but the scans are now available again. We still need to add the PDF instructions, and the catalogs, but we felt that releasing what we have already would be better than waiting for everything to be (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  Many thanks!

Hi all, I'd like to thank all of you who have responded to me either on LUGNET or offline with comments and suggestions - I really appeciate them. And thanks for all the kind words and compliments, but I need to give credit to my staff... the (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.brickjournal)

  A new project...

Hi all, it's with a great deal of pride that I announce the first issue of  (URL)   BrickJournal is a quarterly publication that will focus on the AFOL community with articles about:    • People - the personalities of the community  • Building - the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX) !!

  Mecha Pose Contest Winners

First I'd like to thank all the entrants to the Mecha Pose Contest. All the entries were superb. Eric and I chatted on the phone, dileberated your entries, and decided some winners. So without further ado: ===...=== SMALL MECHA (URL) Leonard Hoffman (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  *** LDView Version 3.0 RC 1 Released ***

LDView version 3.0 RC 1 is now available for public testing, in both source and binary forms for Windows and Linux. You can find both at the LDView web page on SourceForge.net: (URL) This is a Release Candidate for LDView 3.0. Compared to LDView (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact