 Announcements / 225
  GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club has just been accepted to show at the National Model Railroad Association's National Convention. The three day event will be held at RiverCentre Convention Center in St. Paul, MN from July 23-25th. For complete (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

This is a major coup, as this will be a well attended convention. WTG to the GMLTC for setting this up. Lots of planning to do to pull this off. We need to make up a good flyer to hand out to build on interest expressed (I have a start that I handed (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

This is great. Wish I could be there to see it! Steve (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Not THAT far of a ride... :-) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Are you still going to be around? I marking it down on my calendar now to be there. Maybe some other folks would be willing to schedule a visit to the area and we could have a Lego Fest. (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) I suppose I could claim I was visiting my sister and her family... Steve (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) It is difficult to predict that far in advance.(1) But the probabilities are improving. I'd be comfortable at this point stating that there is a 1 in 3 chance, which is a lot more than I would have said 4 weeks ago. 1 - which reminds me of a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

Last time I looked at the map, Michigan fell into the "greater Midwest" category....and, what the heck, you *actually could* visit your sister, too;-) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Ok, John didn't bite, what joke? (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Old Polish folktale, actually: Seems this thief was caught redhanded. He was brought in front of the king and the king sentenced him to death. The thief, pleading for mercy, claimed that he could teach horses to sing, and that further, if the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)