 Announcements / 1935
  HoMa's Big Boy

Hi folks, after nearly 12 month of moc-abstinence I started off again and finished my 8-wide model of the Union Pacific Big Boy! I wanted to use the old spoked wheels and the 1/4 panels from droid escape for the boiler. See what it is like at: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) In lugnet.announce, Holger Matthes writes: (...) Fantastic, HoMa! It is a BEAST:-) We need stats! (how long it is, etc) I was comparing it to Ben's puny Big Boy <wink, wink, Ben> Very interesting. You should take a close look at Ben's pilot (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) Hi John, just a short hint: that other Big Boy is not a MOC of mine, but was displayed in Hattersheim by a fellow, whose name I simply missed. I am really sorry about that fact, but all of the people around seem to know nothing about that guy (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

Holger, I'm having a problem with your website. When I click on the link you give, the page starts to load, then it seems to automatically forward me to another page, which starts to load, but then it forwards me back to the original page, in a (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) same here, I'm running MacOSX, I.E. It looks good, but I'd likely appreciate it more if I can view it longer than 0.4 seconds.. Paul (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) Oops. Okay, sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the correction, Ben! JOHN (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

I (...) Hi Mac users, I am sorry that the side doesn't work correct. The link I gave you leads to the big boy side which is part of the frameset. The frameset is automatically loaded afterwards. Its a javascript. I have never heard that it causes (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) This works perfectly. Thanks! Very nice. My favorite little detail is the coal in the coal car. Bruce (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

Very nice! Quite a piece of engineering. I like your boiler method for the black area. Very easy to mount pipes to and more rounded. Very cool! -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) Hi John and others, I don't know the exact length in studs, but it's as long as 7,5 straight track pieces. The maximum wide is 12 studs at the cylinders. This Big Boy is quite heavy, very tricky to lift it form the track. (Therefore I build (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) turns and through switches though... --BiWa :-) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)