 Announcements / 1722
1721  |  1723
Subject:
Expansion of Spotlight functionality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:00:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

The Spotlight feature usually found on LUGNET's main homepage has moved to the
News homepage.

http://www.lugnet.com/  (spotlight) ->  http://news.lugnet.com/

To all curators (and would-be curators):
---------------------------------------
The Spotlight function is available at each level in the news hierarchy, and
curators may now place their group's top-rated articles (as indexed going back
one month) in sidebars, using FTX code.

Here's how:

If you're the curator of the /foo/bar/ area, you can include the following
in your sidebar's FTX code:

   <<NewsSpotlight(lugnet.foo.bar)>>

and this will place a Spotlight for those groups in the lugnet.foo.bar
hierarchy into the sidebar of the /foo/bar/ page.

-Suz