 Administrative / Curators / 194
Re: Expansion of Spotlight functionality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 02:20:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hello,

The Spotlight feature usually found on LUGNET's main homepage has moved to the
News homepage.

http://www.lugnet.com/  (spotlight) ->  http://news.lugnet.com/

This is fairly cool, and where it is makes sense to me; good change. :)  The
only minor nit I have is that now all the 'news' links like the posting
setup and the shortcut to people.newbie are scrolled off the bottom of the
screen (at least, at 1024x768 they are).  I'm not sure where they should go
to, but I think it would be a good thing if they were a little more visible.
Possibly a single link above the Spotlight to "News setup and help" that
takes you to those links; maybe an expanded page with some explanation and
some of the common FAQs ("I suddenly can't post, what happened?" "Your
posting setup no longer matches your Lugnet settings.")