 Announcements / 1315
The Super Toa: Five Toa MOC's (and a dog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:42:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I have posted pictures of my five "Super Toa" original creations. These Toa
are greatly enhanced versions of the sets released by Lego. The main link is
here:

Despite what the thumbnails show, the underlying images are quite sharp, and
if you want to look at the larger pictures, IMO they are worth the wait to
download (they average 50-80K each).

Included are:

Kopaka Rehu (v2) - Toa of Ice, Hailstorm mode

Gali Ariki - Toa of Water, Tidalwave mode

Lewa Hatu - Toa of Air, Thunderbolt mode

Tahu Horagi - Toa of Fire, Summer Storm mode

Pohatu Aio - Toa of Stone, Mountain King mode

Made entirely from the Toa sets (2 each, 5 of Pohatu), one Pit Droid, one
Stormtrooper, one Battle Cars and one R2D2 DDK technic set. There may be 10
or so other parts from other sets. No Lego parts were harmed in the creation
of the models.

Also included is Bionigo, the Desert Hound, made 100% from the leftover
parts of 3 Pohatu sets. It is rumored that one of the Tohunga villagers was
overheard singing a rhyme about the Desert Hound...

"There was a Toa who had a dog and Bionigo was it's name-o. B-I-ON-I-GO,
B-I-ON-I-GO, B-I-ON-I-GO, and Bionigo was it's name-o...."

Let me know what you think! Which Super Toa is your favorite? Which is your
least favorite? Which one (if any) do you think is the most improved over
the original?

I wasn't very excited about the Bionicle line when it first came out, but I
have to admit that it has won me over, and there is some good
play/construction potential with it. (I certainly spent many enjoyable hours
with these sets)

I still prefer working with the "traditional" parts and Lego "system", but
the Bionicle line has some good points as well - perhaps the greatest one
being that it encouraged me to make my first Technic MOC's. I've also been
around enough younger kids who just love Bionicle to make me believe that
the line will be successful for Lego, and anything that encourages
creativity in children (even if they don't experiment with the parts and
just creatively make up stories for their models) has to have some good in it.

Mark Chan