 Announcements / 1171
1170  |  1172
Subject:
PNLTC show August 4 & 5 at Legoland California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:35:44 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

From the club that crushed the world's record for longest LEGO train track
last August...

As mentioned in the current issue of LEGO Mania magazine...

Join the Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club the first weekend of August
(that's like 2 weeks away, folks!) for a mind-blowing show.

This show will feature:
  - A main layout measuring 57 by 20 feet
  - 550+ square feet of high-detail display
  - Another 50 square feet of static rolling stock display
  - 4 LEGO train clinics each day

You want cityscape?  We've got it all, from small-town Main Street USA to
Megatropolis to an industrial seaport with 25 feet of water-frontage to a
charming European town.

Revisit the Old West, featuring an incredible trestle bridge being crossed
by steam trains bringing in prospectors hoping to find their fortune in the
Oregon country.  Is that a run-on sentence?  Sorry, but I'm just that excited!

If that's a little much for you, there's the bucolic farmland where you can
just relax and watch the grass grow and be occasionally interrupted by the
rumbling of passenger and freight trains passing by.

What can be built with Duplo, you ask?  How about a monstrous watchman's
crossing shack large enough for a child?  That's right; Penneltick the
friendly club bear will be greeting park-goers inside the pavilion.

What's coming from us next summer?  Will it top our big events of 2000 and
2001?  We don't know either, but we'll do our best!!

So don't walk, don't run, but FLY (or heck- take the train... James Mathis
is!)  In any case, get yourself over to Legoland California August 4th and
5th to see the coolest LEGO train display of the summer!

-Tony Hafner on behalf of PNLTC (www.pnltc.org)