 Announcements / 1021
  New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

Hey all, I have just put some finishing touches on this site, and I feel that it is ready for prime-time. It is my pleasure to announce my Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper: (URL) for your perusal are three wallpaper-sized images depicting some of my (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space) !!

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Cool new wallpaper! Thanks Jeremy! Where did you get the background? Bryce (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) All the wallpaper and view backgrounds are POV-generated. With the exception of Convoy, they were modeled in MLCad and then L3P'd with the other models. For Convoy, I used Terragen -- though if I were to do it again, I'd just use the pattern (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

The Convoy wallpaper is breathtaking! Excellent job Jeremy! But I gotta ask: Are you going to do any mini-fig scale models (i.e. Valkyries, and other mecha from Robotech) in the future? (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Thank you, Mladen. :-, (...) Maybe. :-, I'm in a Stickfig mood right now though... I have about a dozen unpublished models, and maybe 5 or 6 scene sketches, that I need to cram into wallpaper before I switch modes. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

Hi Jeremy, I'm glad you posted this to .announce, or I would have missed it! I just spent about 45 minutes tearing through my parts bins to build a "A91 Heavy Tactical Suit, Kasperic Custom", or as close as I could get to it. I was able to get (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

Great work Sproat! I'm really impressed with the design of some of these models. I am also impressed with the quality of the rendering. Did you use l3p for this? Those parts look better than the ones l3p outputs. One other comment, 1600x1200!! I (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) excellent work! John Gramley (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

Outstanding, Jeremy. As usual, I am inspired by your Microfig creations. I really liked the helicopter and the nice renderings. Ashley Glennon In lugnet.announce, Jeremy H. Sproat writes...>always LMK (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

WOW! Those are fabulous, especially considering the constraints imposed by their small size. The A44 and A66 are my favorite and the A93 reminds me of the Tead from Mospeada (Called the Beta in Robotech, The new Generation). Boy, creating models (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Whoa....I'm flattered. Wow. :-, I'll let you in on a little secret---I don't have all those pieces in those colors. :-, In the scenes, I try to use parts that exist, though. I'd love to see any mods you make, however, 'cause that's what this (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Ooh! Thanks for reminding me, I need to write up my technical processes for my site... Yah, I modelled in MLCad then used L3P+LGEO to get the POV source. The LGEO integration makes a *HUGE* difference and provided the push I needed to proceed; (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Thanks! :-, Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Thanks, Ashley. :-, After the first two scenes, I figured something with a lot less tension would be a good break. I'm trying to avoid some of the cliches inherent with military-based CAD images -- gratuitous explosions, everyone shooting at (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Yah, I like the A44 too -- I've always liked the big MAC-whatever (sorry, forgot the name :-) in Macross. The A44 started as a sketch for that, but then quickly developed a personality of its own. Mebbe I'll model it later, mebbe someone will (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) That's some awesome work, Mr. Sproat. :) I don't suppose it would be possible to make some sort of an 'exploded' view of your attack copters? For those of us not using modeling programs... :) I think I understand most of what you did but there (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Why, thank you Mr. Jacobsen. :-, (...) I almost have the explostion scene ready....just need some more gasoline... ;-) (...) I can do that. I'd actually like to do that with all my models, but it can get real time-intensive. Lemme think about (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) I figured you had a 5 stud brick in there someplace but I couldn't quite picture it. I think I can take that info and sort it out from there. Thankya! Joel J (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) You can see a side stud of that one poke downwards in this view: (URL) above that is the 1x1 technic brick on its side. The 1x1 brick headlight is on its back somewhere behind the 5-stud. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) Ahh...! I gotcha. Thanks, Joel J (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

I'm getting a 404 on (URL) as long as I'm on this thread, great work. Not just on the scene composition, which is superb, but also on the creations themselves. I quite like the legs on the A66. Also, the hands on the A93 are great. Very powerful (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

(...) system... ;-) (...) Thanks. I should probably mention on the webpage, that that hand design is straight from the brain of Karim Nassar. That guy is a sheer Legomaniacal genius. :-, (...) I really like this model's design. I have some variants (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)