 Announcements / *32 (-10)
  Re: LUGNET logo

I must agree with Thomas, I too, really like the LUGNET logo. Kudos to you, Todd and Suz. Thomas Main wrote in message <36193B12.B9883F13@a...te.edu>... (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  LUGNET logo

I really like the new LUGNET logo. I must admit it makes me a little dizzy to stare at it though :) Is there a name for static images that have the appearance of motion? (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Fabuland Homepage

Hi all, The homepage I was making about my favorite LEGO theme, Fabuland, is finally placed on the net. Because there was little information about this theme (not at The LEGO Group nor at other sites) I made a personal homepage for this theme. The (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Just announced to RTL

A formal announcement about this newsserver was just made in RTL. :) Hearty thanks to everyone who participated here over the past week(s) and helped shape things! --Todd [Follow-ups set to lugnet.admin.general] (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Liking Lugnet Better

Thanks for making me a beta 2 tester, Todd. This resource I think will be really great. It might not be your intention to replace rtl, yet I do like the fact that someone oversees things here. I'm learning to like separate discussion groups. At (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) We'll see how many people are as excited about all of this as we are. :) I don't get the sense there will be any kind of momentous en masse movement from RTL to here, and this wasn't really designed as to be a replacement for RTL anyway... (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: When is everyone coming over?

(...) It might be a while. Some people don't want to change their habits. And others can't, due to firewall issues. (Todd - the web interface would certainly help here!) And, although Todd is (well as far as I can tell) a good person and doing this (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  When is everyone coming over?

I am anxiously anticipating having the rest of rtl start using LUGNET's newsgroups. I think it will be very exciting once everyone gets onboard! When is the announcement planned? (the weekend might be good because fewer people read and everyone (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce)

  Changes complete; new hierarchy in effect

[Follow-ups set to lugnet.admin.general] Well, the operation took longer than I'd hoped, but it was a success. The new hierarchy is in effect, all 489 human-posted articles were preserved with their original message IDs, timestamps, and (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  IMPORTANT CHANGES

The Quick Summary ===...=== All lugnet.com newsgroups are being renamed. You will need to unsubscribe from all the groups and add them again. The Explanation ===...=== When we assigned names to groups, we thought it would be friendly (and less (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact