 Animation / 861
860  |  862
Subject:
LDA2005 (Was: The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:28:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Michael Horvath wrote:
Could someone make a list (and post it somewhere...) of all the different
walking (or other) animation options available?

I can think a few more examples:
* I think Tore Eriksson was working on an LDraw animation metalanguage. I
haven't checked up on it recently.

Yes, I started my LDA2001 project in the second half of the year 2001. In
September 2001, I put the project on ice and have just made a handful of lame
attempts to restart it. I may have the time to pick it up by the middle of
September this year, when I should have finished my moving to a new house. Let's
see if maybe then... :)

/Tore
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/lda2001/lda2001.htm
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/ldraw/lda2001/tutor.htm

I have spent some hours trying to remember where I stood in the project when it
was put on ice.

Progress in my todo-list so far:

* Support for new minifig parts - Done!

* Support for camera.dat and look_at.dat - Done! (Well, see next step...)

* Automatic writing a batch file for L3P - In progress. Some strange problem
with camera and look_at coordinates. They are correctly updated in the frame
files, but not always in the L3P batch file. Currenly working to fix that
problem.

* Playing around some with the program. Making small sample animations. Fixing
any bugs that may show up. Probably rewriting todo-list - not yet started on.

* Moving the LDA project to an URL that I can update, and of course update it -
not yet started on.

* Support for LDR extension - not yet started on.

* Support for project (=scene folders) - not yet started on.