 Animation / 39
Re: Bullet Time effects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:11:24 GMT

Brain Damage is very impressive. How were your figures suspended?

Darrell
darrellk@pixelmonkey.net

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Robert Thomas writes:
Ok being Im the one that made Brain Damage I can answer it.
First off you would only need to buy 500 sets for full motion. Being I did
this in Stop Motion one works very well. all you need is a good boom arm. In
Brain Damage The boom-arm I made with just some plain legos. thats y the
shots are not perfect. Sence then I have a very nice one I got at the hobby
shop for $20. This make the Bullet Time Effect look just like in the Matrix.
Also makes great pan shots.

Robert
Lego Carnage
Carnage Films
http://members.nbci.com/legocarnage

Andrew Tyrone writes:
Does anyone know how the person who made BrainDamage did the bullet time
effects? (Bullet time is the proper name for the Matrix-style effects)
Or does anyone have a good way to do it properly?

Thanks.

--
Andrew, Agent 0007

Unless you plan on buying 500+ movie making sets, you can not do it
properly. If you have watched the behind the scenes thing that's after the
matrix. you will know what I mean. each still motion camera is placed around
the set at a slighty higher or lower increment to the one next to it and
then to shoot the scene, each camera takes a picture  hundreths of a second
after the one before it, when all of the pictures are gathered, they use the
flip book affect, put one picture right after the one before it and presto!
you have the scene.