 Animation / 328
  Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

(URL) celebration of the 100th film listed in our movie directory, Brickfilms is holding a movie contest to promote the art of brick animation and foster a friendly environment to push the envelope in LEGO stop motion animation. The general theme of (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

REALLY? Wow, sounds interesting ... I think I'll start working on a movie today! LOL ... sorry, bump up .. just this once. :) (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

(...) ASCAP and the recording industry may disagree. Recorded performances of Classical Music are subject to copyrights. Permission to use the recording may need to be granted. (Kubelik paid a mint to use already existing recordings for 2001). (...) (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

This is a groovy idea. I actually thought of the same thing a few months ago; a challange to put the same piece of classical music to film and see what people come up with. Of course I have yet to come up with anything worth showing yet, so who am I (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

Does the movie have to match the theme of the music? For example, I was considering doing 1812 overture, but I don't have enough old figs and parts to do anything "classical," especially warfare for that. -- Chef/Dan/Bubba Bear ICQ:84584424 AIM: (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

Hi there, I'd like a clarification of the rules. Does no dialogue mean just spoken, or can I make a film that uses place cards. I'm thinking of something that would mimic a silent film. Also, If someone's looking to make there own music, there is a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

(...) Hey Wayne, nice mix. I like it! Very dark and brooding. Good beat, and you can dance to it! I'll have to check out that program also! Matt (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

Ed, The reson to limit dialog is to limit voice acting in the film. Obviously, spoken dialog as part of an opera is not really film dialog. Jason (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

Dan, No, it does not. Take, for instance, the setting in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Jason (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

Wayne, I think place cards would be acceptable. The point of the "no dialog" rule is to eliminate any voice acting from covering up the music. I think subtitles may be a bit much, since that would definately distract from the music. But an (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

(...) Indeed. In fact that was SO successful a transference, that I for one associate/visualise shuttles and spaceships in orbit, rather than dignified dancers in mid 19th century costumes, with _Waltz of the Blue Danube_ whenever I hear it (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

(...) Why does everywhere classical music is written underlined in green and a link to the BMG music service? I'm getting scared... (:-| classical music classical music classical music classical music <--Annoying isn't it? (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

(...) Strange... it only does it twice... (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest

Hey there, I've been meaning to thow this out to you filmmaker types taking part in this contest. Check out my favorite classical music site: (URL) a really nice site, and for you wimpy "care-about-the-well...t-holders" types (8?P), they have most (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)