 Animation / 343
Re: Brickfilms Classical Movie Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:10:16 GMT

Wayne,

I think place cards would be acceptable.  The point of the "no dialog" rule
is to eliminate any voice acting from covering up the music.  I think
subtitles may be a bit much, since that would definately distract from the
music.  But an occasional word or two woudl be prefectly fine.

Jason

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Wayne McCaul writes:
Hi there,

I'd like a clarification of the rules. Does no dialogue mean just spoken, or
can I make a film that uses place cards. I'm thinking of something that
would mimic a silent film.