 Animation / 294
Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 04:51:13 GMT

Yeah, TLG has been losing it's "original" products (Space Police VS
Blacktron, DECENT Town sets, etc. etc.). When I was in second grade (about 6
years ago) my friends and I found an old Lego magazine from like '91 and we
say the Blacktron sets and went... w..ww...ow. wowwowwwooww...
an we called the S@H people and they said they didn't make them anymore and
we were like "Uh! Ohh..." It really stunk to us. Now I think little kids may
see the Spyruis magazines and such and be like "ww..www.w.w.wwwwwww...ow.."
like we were. Sorta dissapoints me.

Although we liked the themes a lot, we probally would have tended to enjoy
Star Wars a lot more than Blacktron, or we would have mixed them together.
That would create an intersting phenomonon :-D...

--
Chef/Dan/Bubba Bear
ICQ:84584424

PS> I suppose I'm a little late posting this, the thread's from Februrary
:-)

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.publish.cinema, Eric Kingsley writes:

Unfortuately Your right...  I'm just getting worried that this whole • licensing
thing might be going a bit too far.  I think Star Wars and Disney were
interesting,

Star Wars I was definitely all over.  I mean, SW is a quality license, and • I'm
a huge fan, so of course I was ecstatic.

Disney, same thing.  I mean, the established Mickeyverse characters. • Well, I'm
not a huge fan... but I mean it's been around for years and years and • years,
the recognition is there (maybe even more than Star Wars) and it was a • good
move.

Harry Potter was probably a good fit,

Since I like HP too, I was happy to hear this.  Although I have to admit • that I
wondered if it wasn't an indicator that they were going to be taking on • more
and more licenses with less-established products...

Jack who?,

Is Jack Stone a license?  I didn't think it was, I thought it was just an
action-oriented Creator line.

Jurassic Park...
why? isn't that kind of like what the whole current Adventurers theme is • based
on anyway?

Well, to be fair these are apparently going to be "Moviemaker" sets. • Although
the same question can be asked... aren't these what it's kind of based on
anyway?

I wonder if they'll use the new "Dinosaurs" peices in the JP Moviemaker • sets.

Anyway, with all the dino-stuff in the first run of Moviemaker, and • Speilberg's
involvement in JP3, I kinda thought we'd ear about this eventually.

It's a shame, since The Lost World was such a terrible movie.

Oh well if it keeps the $$ flowing for TLC then all the more power to • them.

Well.  I feel the same way, sort of.  If TLC thinks that this is the way • to
make money, they might abandon the things that make me like them so much • in the
first place.

eric