 Ambassadors / 144
  Re: The Official "Issues List"

10) Continual information leaks on upcoming LEGO sets/themes. (Corporate Security) Is this something TLG is concerned about or something AFOLs are concerned about? Personally, I'll take all the information (leaked or otherwise) I can get. Marc (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) To answer your question: Leaks are an issue that TLG is concerned about. The Ambassadors also felt that this should be listed as an issue in the best interest of their business, as well as for the fans. As Lenny pointed out in another thread, (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) I feel that publicising leaks is most definitely in TLGs best interests. If we can find stuff then it means their competitors can do the same if they're interested. Security by obsfucation has never been successful and is unlikely to ever be (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) Well, what kind of leaks are you talking about? Someone bugging the offices in Billund and divulging the plans for 2011 - well that's not good. But posting images from a dealer catalog? What's the harm in that? And I'm not really sure what's (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) I like seeing sets early, it helps me plan my spending and often gets me more excited than a stroll in the now deserted lego isle (which is a classic example of where lego and fan desires actually coincide, getting shelf space up would be (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) I don't know if this is related to the types of leaks you're talking about, but a little bird told me that there were some very unhappy ambassadors when news and pictures of the "Dwarfs mining" set were published on the internet recently. The (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) The release dates on LEGO sets are not strict dates like they are with DVD releases. They're more like guidelines. Make sure your production runs coincide with whichever sets are due up next, so you can release them more or less in order. And (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) Aside from the generally settled but still (to some) controversial matter of alleged patent/trademark violation, there are no cases of Mega Brands Inc. stealing ideas from TLG (or vice versa). You are correct that this fear is a bogeyman (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: The Official "Issues List"

(...) Then LEGO needs to take a number and get in line behind the large software companies, motion picture associations, and recording industry associations of the world. Many Asian countries are notorious for rampant piracy because it's not (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.ambassadors)