 Adventurers / 316
  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

Alright guys this has spawned an awesome ZERO responses! Surely someone has an opinion. Mark L (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) Don't I always? (...) I'm not going to quibble over a moving them up or down a space or two. Temple of Doom was the weakest of the Indiana Jones movies and should switch places with Lost Crusade. Is that the Boris Karloff Mummy or the current (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) mark ~ the list looks great!! i'm glad you enjoyed "1900" (who wouldn't, imho) even though it's vaguely adventurers theme. had you seen "the decievers" before, or was it a new one to you? i was trying to think of other merchant/ ivory films (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) In all fairness, Mark, you DID only post it two hours before. ;) LFB. (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) I won't touch your Indiana comment until you qualify your statement. The Mummy I was referring to was the current version. Why didn't you like the Phantom? Sorry that was Mysterious Island, and it probably should be moved up. (...) from (...) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) or (...) riders" (...) Yes the deceivers was new to me. Glad you recommended it and glad you liked the list. Yes, I think Romancing the Stone did suck, but not even close to those Allen Quartermain movies. Mark L (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) Temple (...) up. (...) Temple of Doom is widely (and IMHO correctly) regarded as the weakest of the three Indiana Jones movies. Spielburg was vaguely disappointed by the results, and he directed it. Don't get me wrong,I still enjoyed the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) You are truly an evil person. You post on the issue, but only to say that I didn't give it enough time?!?!?!? AAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!! First Kenny, now this. Mark L :) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) I rather enjoyed Romancing the Stone. It's follow up, Jewel of the Nile, sucked, but I have to blame that on the original writer dieing. Bruce (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) results, (...) I loved it once I got past Kate Capshaw. Maybe Speilberg realized she was his wife. (...) I thought the movie was very true to the pulp feel. Most of the stars of that era's fiction also seemed a little lost. I am not saying (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) OK, we'll have to chalk that one up to difference of opinion:) I get to like the Phantom, you get to like RTS. Thanks for reminding me of Jewel of the Nile. I think it would be in the #4 spot on the all dung heap list. Mark L (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) those (...) A tremendous list. I'd only like to add the "Road" movies with Bob Hope & Bing Crosby & Dorothy Lamour, if only because they're favorites of mine, and fit not only the Adventurers theme (both jungle and Egypt, and even the upcoming (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) Bing (...) not (...) Hmmmm. That is a very unique suggestion. I am not at all familiar with these films. Are they comedic? LMK Mark L (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) They are musical comedies. The basic plot of them has Hope & Crosby as two adventuring buddies traveling in the world, getting into trouble with the locals in an exotic locale (such as a South Pacific Island, Arabia, the Yukon during the gold (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

I hate to sound snooty, but could this be kept to lugnet.adventurers (I'm not sure it even belongs there instead of in lugnet.off-topic.fun, but at least it's related to the topic)? followups to lugnet.admin.general (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List

(...) I must agree... actually, I think it belongs more in off-topic.fun, but certainly not in lugnet.general... I'm purposely putting this in lugnet.adventures because I responded with a note about this earlier, but since it didn't go to (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)