 Adventurers / 1746
Re: Ordered my Dragon Fortress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:25:21 GMT

Hi all,

Well it arrived this morning. Unfortunately I won't be able to put it together
until Monday night with work and being out of town this weekend. I did put the
figures and half track together (They came separately in a odd little white
cardboard box, don't really know why). Figures are pretty cool. The guards are
nice looking and the pikes are great. The ghost knight (or whatever he is) is
ok. I kind of like the face on him, he's got painted on yellow eyes. The armor
sword and helmet are nothing new, we've seen it before. His torso is just plain.
No designs. Emperor has a painted on ponytail on the back of his head, and has a
fully black vampire cape. The new Chinese girl is ok. Nothing real special. Face
is new, but nothing overly exciting. The half track is ok. It looks a little too
narrow to me, but I've never been really enamoured with a lot of the adventurer
vehicles to begin with. And the most anticipated part: the dragon. I'm not
overly impressed with it. Its cool and all, don't get me wrong. I think it would
have been better all gold and not just the upper jaw. That doesn't look right to
me. It does have trans-red wings which are new. And the upper jaw is a new
design (if it were black I think it would have been better -its hard to transfer
a piece like that into castle designs). I think that's about all I can tell now.
If there is anything I can clarify, let me know. I may post some pics of the new
pieces... if you're lucky.

Steve

In lugnet.adventurers, Stephen Bishop wrote:
Hi all,

Was so dead in here and I was so bored at work, I thought I would post
something. I ordered my Dragon Fortress from amazon.com Monday. Should be
arriving in a few days... I'm sure you are all really excited about it...

Steve