 Adventurers / 1386
Re: Victorian Era Troops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 02:49:40 GMT

Thanks for the feedback!
My British Colonial Riflemen wear black trousers - probably closer to navy
blue than Lego Blue is.
This probably looks a lot better, does anyone know if any of the colonial
forces (such as cavalry)wore blue coats? I've seen paintings from the zulu
campaign and there are blue coated soldiers in it.  I was wondering if these
were Brits, or possibly Dutch or French troopers?

I also noticed a double barrelled shotgun... could you describe how you did
it

I took two rifles, and cut the barrels off.  Then I "Shaved down" the Inside
portions of the barrels lengthwise, so they would have a flat surface to
glue together.  After The glue set, I took one of the barrel-less rifles and
cut away a section above the trigger section to create a "platform" for the
double barrels to be glued on.  After glueing the sections together, I just
clipped the hammers off of the rifles and glued them back on over their
espective barrells.
you can see more pics of it at my Wild west site, the sheriff uses it on
Photo page 1.  http://stickybrix.50megs.com/index.html