 Adventurers / 1202
Re: End of the Underground?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:20:21 GMT

Perhaps Lego will release movies sets that deal with discontinued theme's
there are no new adventurers sets, they have been taken over by the movie
theme.  maybe there will be movie sets for rock raiders, (and maybe pirates
and wild west and town but I'm not holding my breathe.)  If they are done
with the castle theme I think that would make a good movie.  but I'm still
hoping that they have been listening to our discussions and have postponed
the release of castle 2001 and are re-tooling the designs so that they are
more intelligent, less juniorized and have more (and more generic) parts.

here's to the reseruction of discontinued themes (even if it is just as a
movie set)

John

In lugnet.underground, Bradley Dale writes:

Hi,

What are the 2001 themes? What are they like? The brickshelf page isn't • working.

--==Sergio==--

LIFE ON MARS
Plot:  Human astronauts encounter a Martian civilization.
Types of Sets:  Mecha, Air Tube Transport System, Space Shuttle, etc.
Types of Figs:  Blue battle droids with swollen heads, astronauts.
Target Group:  Suggested for "4+" so probably pretty juniorized.

ALPHA TEAM coming MARCH 1, 2001
Plot:  A team of spies do some syping on the skeleton rocket base.
Types of Sets: Skull Rocket Base, helicopter, missle launcher, treaded vehicle,
small sub, etc.
Types of Figs:  Same as in the game, but the women don't get new hair pieces.
Target Group: 6+, like most System stuff.  Doesn't seem too juniorized, the
helicopter even has a old-style hinged cockpit!  I will probably like this.

RACERS
Plot:  Strange and awful cars leave us wondering, what was TLC thinking?
Types of Sets: Cars, perhaps made of only one piece.
Types of Figs: Ugly things that may be robots of some sort.
Target Group.  4+, but who would really want them?

BIONICLE Coming August 1, 2001
Plot:  Heroes arrive to restore peace to the devestated Islander world.  Yep,
it's connected to Islanders.
Types of Sets- Throwbots that don't throw, although they might do something
else.
Types of Figs- You build the Bionicle characters, no minifigs.
Target Group- About 6 or 7+, I think.  Typical kid Technic, I might like it.

ALSO: NEW LEGO STUDIOS, NEW STAR WARS, NEW SPEED SLAMMERS, MINDSTORMS, TECHNIC
DROIDS, ROBO RIDERS...

See it here!
http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/