 Underground / 231
230  |  232
Subject:
End of the Underground?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 23:08:24 GMT

Well, the 2001 catalog has been posted and (no surprise here)-there are no Rock
Raiders or anything even remotely underground-based. It looks like Rock Raiders
goes the way of all the themes before it- space, pirates, town.

Who knows if six months from now we'll find a RRHQ on a shelf collecting dust
and still be able to purchase it? The way K-mart is discounting th HQ, we might
not see them past March 2001.

My only wish is that a suitable replacement for the Rock Raiders had been
attempted rather than the dissolution of the sub theme altogether.

<soapbox>
Sorry, TLG, but movie makers just won't cut it. I don't need more town figs
holding cameras cluttering up my collection. Alpha Team? Don't make me laugh. If
anything, it's Rock Raiders meets Res Q meets Bellville.
</soapbox>

Give me Rock Raiders or give me...uh, hey, this Mission to Mars stuff has
possibilities...hmmm

-Dave