 Administrative / Terms of Use / 408
Re: Sell: 18" huge Display Lego for sale!! Total 6 ifferent types!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 19:24:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Frank Filz writes:
LUGNET Admin wrote:

I agree that seeing the repeated posting is irritating. How would you word
such guidance? (looking for suggestions)

Hmm, good question. First it is probably worth exploring when repeat
postings are acceptable, so some thoughts on that:

A second post about an auction on a site such as eBay may be made during
the final 24 hours of the auction. Note that due to the extreme short
life of such posts, they are not well loved, but sometimes they can be
effective.

Another one on auctions, it is vastly preferable to post once with a
list of all your auctions (or better, provide a link to the eBay page
which shows all your auctions). Sometimes you may wish to highlight in
the subject some of your items, but care should be taken. (For this one,
I wouldn't actually mind seeing a rule saying you must post once for all
your auctions, you can list the items out in your posting easily
enough).

Any time you add items to any sort of sale or trade venue, an additional
post is perfectly acceptable.

Any time you reduce prices on items offered for sale an additional post
is acceptable.

If after a brief period of time where a large number of your items have
been sold when not using an online venue such as BrickLink it is
acceptable (and even welcome) to post the reduced list. The list should
not be reposted after each sale, but if after one day, half the items
are gone, a 2nd post would be quite acceptable. If the next day, all but
a handful of the rest of the items are gone, again, a re-posting would
be acceptable. Posting more than once a day (other than to say "all
gone") is probably too frequent.

Reposting of something which is not selling should probably not be done
more than once per week or so.

Frank

I like these.  I wouldn't change a thing.  All types of posts seem to be
covered.  Well thought out, Frank.

How to implement is another matter.  Certainly, if these guidelines are to be
implemented as rules, they could be listed or linked on the main b-s-t page
(hey, that's my job I guess).  This would aid compliance and enforcement in a
big way.

And I'm not complaining when I say there are some good folks who are good at
pointing out problems and steering the bad {behavior} back on track.  I don't
feel that enforcement is strictly my job as .market curator and in most
all cases I do not find it necessary to step in when other Lugnet users have
taken care of things already.  I can take on a more active role (as moderator
of sorts) if that is what people think should be done.

My only comment about repetitive posting (of idential items) is more easily
noticed due to the current trend of low volume in the market groups.  The days
of over 100 messages a day seem to have passed, but some groups will and do
spring back to life from time to time (especially .shopping).

__Kevin Salm__
Curator, Lugnet marketplace newsgroups

.