 Administrative / Terms of Use / 403
Re: Sale at The Vault this week!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 02:20:24 GMT

While the hood is up on the charters, it might be nice to resolve the • .b-s-t
vs. .shopping questions too. (what is a shop vs. just a hobbyist • operation,
can and should shop owners post about their own stores, etc etc.)

I had always assumed that .shopping was for reports for / from stores with
actual physical retail operations (storefronts), and that everything else
went into .bst.  Todds comments about The Vault seem to refute this
assumption, but I think further clarification is required.

As for .brickshops and .bst, i'm of the opinion that sales announcements
still belong in .bst, even if you are selling throughBricklink.  .brickshops
was added at a time when Brickbay was still hosted at interland and the
reliability was mediocre.  My impression at the time was .brickshops was the
place to go to discuss said outages and other info related to the operation
of a shop on Brickbay/link or other related service.  Fortunately, Bricklink
doesn't have the outages like it used to, and operation questions seem to be
handled on Bricklinks internal message forums.  There probably isn't really
a need for .brickshops anymore.

Troy