 Administrative / Terms of Use / 152
Re: This will get someone upset...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 00:21:30 GMT

Adam Hoekwater <ahoekwat@nd.edu> wrote:
But I would like to say that company names and positions being placed in
every post is too similar to that friend or relative we all have who can't
say, "my car keys", they have to say, "the keys to my Lexus".

That's ridiculous. It's not like that at all. It's like meeting someone you
don't know at a lego convention, and they give you their card. I've done
that. It's got my name and e-mail address on it, it's small, it's
convenient, it's an accepted convention, a lot of us carry them around
anyway because you can win stuff by dropping them in jars at restaurants.
The thought that my job might awe someone doesn't even enter my head --
that's not the point.

If LUGnet people identify me with working with Linux at BU, that's great --
that *is* what I do. I've put a lot of my time, effort, and love into it.
It's part of who I am.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm@bu.edu>, Red Hat Certified Engineer.
Systems Analyst/Administrator, Distributed Systems Group, Boston University.