 Off-Topic / Debate / 6013
Re: This will get someone upset...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 01:30:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Cook writes:
I've noticed a few people like posting their signature files
on Lugnet or a "signature" like saluation.   I think degree
posting a quote, or a link to your lego pages is fine.

What I really see as bragging and I feel is really annoying is posting
your title or position at your company on Lugnet posts.

While I don't include my position in posts from work, I do make it clear when
I am posting from work. This is because I have my Netscape at work set up with
my home e-mail identity, but I don't want to hide the fact that the post is
originating from me at work (since if one looks at the headers and such, it
will be obvious that posts and e-mails originated from within IBM). This is in
part due to my own feelings of how to act, and in part because IBM especially
asks its employees not to conceal or misrepresent their identity when using
the internet.

I don't include any job title information because that e-mail address is only
used for personal stuff. I also tend not to have my job title in my work e-
mail either, but that's mainly because I haven't taken the time to figure out
how to do sigs in Lotus Notes.

Frank