 Administrative / Suggestions / 93
Re: enhance one of the helps pages to give the correct news/mail address form
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 04:55:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Larry Pieniazek writes:
I am hampered in my testing of this since Outlook(tm)
is considered Dodgy(tm) by LUGNET(tm), which rejects
mailed posts from it.

This message is posted from Outlook XP...works fine.

Sorry... insufficiently precise. Since *MY* outlook

quoting from the bounce mail.. from news-bouncer@lugnet.com

- start -
Your message could not be accepted.

Response from the news server:
441 Invalid mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
- end -

is considered dodgy. Better? Todd explained why some time ago... I found it,
it's in this thread. http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=249

Please note, I agree, it is dodgy. So I don't use it to post and I am not
complaining or saying that it should be fixed. Just saying it's dodgy. :-)

You may want to do some threading experiments to validate that Outlook XP
fixed the problem (unless you already do know it threads correctly), and if
not, post a new suggestion that your mailer be on the list of mailers to be
rejected.